About The Auto Professor®
At The Auto Professor, we are a team of safety-minded people dedicated to educating consumers about the real safety record of cars.
Even the best drivers can end up in the worst crashes.
While driver behaviors, road conditions, safety features, and our physical characteristics may affect our risk of injury, the car we drive may make a big difference in the outcome of the crash.
Automobile industries want to ensure that their customers are safe on the road, but they are also concerned about their cars’ safety ratings. These traditional safety ratings are based on the experience of crash test dummies.
At the end of the day, dummies are not the ones driving cars. We are. These safety ratings have played a big role, but now we find ourselves in a new age, with new information at our disposal.
That’s where The Auto Professor comes in. We take the experience of real people in real crashes and rank cars by how well they protected their drivers in the worst crashes. These rankings, our Auto Grades, are not formed in a lab. They are formed on our roads, in our cities, with the cars we are driving now.
The Auto Professor isn’t here to take sides. We are here to provide information that will be useful to the American driver. At The Auto Professor we take safety seriously … because it would be irresponsible not to.®
What drives us
- We believe that consumers deserve to know more about the cars they drive.
- We are experts at unlocking real crash data.
- We freely share with car buyers our knowledge – real, unbiased information.
- We empower car buyers with this information to make their decisions.
- We are fueled by love and driven by conviction.
- Together, we want to create a world where everyone walks away from a crash.